We’ve seen a bunch of stuff on our dash lately about the issues with ‘buying drinks.’ On one hand, this is problematic for sexual economy reasons, on the other for entitlement reasons, and the whole thing is a bit of a mess.
As such, we present: PoN’s handy guide for buying drinks!
For people who buy drinks:
- Don’t. Just don’t. It doesn’t matter why, unless it’s a special occasion and you’re buying it just like you’d get them a cake or something similar. You’re participating in transactional sexuality, treating them as though they’re incapable of being responsible adults who can buy their own drinks, and also treating them like a prostitute.
For people to whom a drink is offered:
- It’s really very simple: say, “While I appreciate your offer, I’m a responsible adult who’s capable of paying for my own drinks. However, since you’re clearly interested in something other than giving people free drinks, would you like to talk?”
It’s that easy! We here at PoN really don’t see why people find these two simple guidelines so very difficult.
- disturbingsmile reblogged this from permutationofninjas and added:
- dicks-for-breakfast likes this
- ricrodrigo reblogged this from permutationofninjas
- ricrodrigo likes this
- mashkwi likes this
- permutationofninjas posted this