everyoneback said: then how come women putting other women into traditional gender roles, or slut shaming, etc. is “internalized misogyny”? how is men forcing men into stereotypical gender roles not “internalized misandry”?
because you can’t internalize prejudice when you are the dominant factor in the society. internalized prejudice comes when you’re treated as something “less” and while patriarchy hurts men, it doesn’t treat them as less than women.
so yes patriarchy is bad for everyone, but that doesn’t mean misandry is a thing
Misogyny is the hatred of women and Misandry is the hatred of men. It has nothing to do with power. Both men and women can be misogynistic and both men a women can be misandrist. You are redefining the terms to fit your views and creating a double standard.
- mumblymellifluous likes this
- elephantemptress likes this
- waltzfordeborah reblogged this from holymotherofrowling
- waltzfordeborah likes this
- armenianqueen said: sorry, but i completely disagree. it’s not a pissing contest of who is “less.” if people look at it that way nothing will ever change. people get treated shitty. if girls bc they’re girls, it’s fair to call it misogyny. if boys, then misandry.
- dveon reblogged this from holymotherofrowling
- dveon likes this
- hey-its-mark likes this
- blasttortoise likes this
- aangg likes this
- starry-starry-eyed likes this
- petrabrokanian likes this
- sawyeracy likes this
- thedeathlymarshmallows likes this
- catcher-inthe-rye likes this
- lusilly likes this
- konnichiwahabibisan likes this
- holymotherofrowling posted this